Monday, May 10, 2010

What to do with a hole in my toe nail?

I was about to heat up some food.


I had my fork sitting on the edge of the counter, and when I turned around to go to the microwave, I knocked the fork off of the counter; it landed on my foot directly(glad it wasn't a knife).


Went upstairs and pulled my sock off, because it was feeling a bit weird, and I had a hole in my toenail!


What should I expect to happen?


Will anything happen to it?


Anything special I should do?What to do with a hole in my toe nail?
What happens sort of depends where in your toenail the fork landed. If its near the top edge, where the white of the nail is, it will eventually grow out, no worries.If its farther down into the pink area, depending on how deep the fork actually went in, it may bruise and you might lose the toe nail eventually. In the mean time, clean it as you would a cut, Gently file any rough edges with an emery board, and keep a band aid on in for a few days when you're wearing shoes as it may be kind of tender. Otherwise just let it be. If you're really worried about it, go see your Doc, but theres not much to be done for such an injuryWhat to do with a hole in my toe nail?
Just put an earring through the hole. It should feel better in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment