Monday, May 10, 2010

Have you ever knocked off a toe nail?

I was walking through my house earlier and smacked my big toe on the corner of a piece of lumber and it flipped my toe nail right off. I squeeled like a dang stuck pig and sat down and f***ing cried! This is the second time I've done this is less than two years and I gotta say it hurt just as much this time as it did the last. So much for my exercise program for the next few months.Have you ever knocked off a toe nail?
Yeah, but not all the way off. It just turned blue, and I had to pull it off a month later. I think its infected now, though.Have you ever knocked off a toe nail?
Yep. I cracked my little toe on the coffee table leg. I thought I had just stubbed it. I had to go to work that day, and was walking around in my workboots for about ten hours. When I got home there was a huge bloodstain, and the nail was nowhere to be found. That's when it started hurting real bad. It's kind of scary seeing a toe with no nail.


At any rate it took months for it to grow back; and when it did, it had a funny shape and looked like it was growing out of the side of my toe. I had to see a doctor to get him to look at it. It took 15 min to trim it so that it looked half - fast normal. It never has grown back the way it was.


I'm cringing just reading your post. I can almost feel my toenail getting torn off. Ewwwwww...
Yeah when I first started school I stuck my big toe under the door %26amp; opened the door %26amp; the entire nail ripped off...This was back in 1978 when I was 6 I was knocked out cold, I was found by the cleaning lady/ Pretty daft thing to do...All these many yrs later....Even though it grew back, I still need to treat it with foot medications %26amp; soak it in my foot spa...It bleeds a bit still...%26amp; requires treatments, because back in 1996...I had an in-grown toe nail on the same toe!
I once cut my big toenail in half across the middle when I closed the front door, and ran the metal weather strip on the bottom of the door over it.





I smeared Polysporin all over it, and managed not to lose the nail.





But you are correct, things like that f***ing hurt.
Yeah, it hurts like a son-of-a , too. If you ever want to mix it up a little, try it on your right thumb, if you're right handed. I wrote like a disturbed kindergartener for a month.





@Robert: LMFAO- Indeed it do!
I've torn off a fingernail before. Yeah, losing nails hurts like a *****. XD


It looks pretty funny though, after it's started healing and you've got a nail-less finger.





Maybe cut your toenails more often/shorter?
I've done that before! Sure cures constipation, doesn't it?
Holy Cow, I can feel it in my toes even though I never knocked them off! It must off hurt.
well.. that was lucky?





I didn't even know you could knock your toe nails off.
no
Ouch... nope, I haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment