Monday, May 10, 2010

How do you treat a bitten off toe nail of a dog?

i was just playing video games when my helper informed me that my dogs toe nail on his front paw was bitten of by my other dog and now I see some red thing shaped as a nail sticking out of my dogs paw and i'm so worried about him what do i do.


P.S. my dogs are both french bulldogs if that helps.How do you treat a bitten off toe nail of a dog?
You really should take your dog to the vet. That red thing you're seeing is the quick, which when cut does bleed. My old dog broke his nail badly and the vet removed most of it and had to cauterize the quick so it wouldn't bleed.How do you treat a bitten off toe nail of a dog?
Clean the area where the torn toenail is located. The dew claw or the toenail up on the side of a dog's paw is a primary location for this type of tear. Remove any hair or dirt off the dog to get a clear view of the injury. Shave the hair from the dog's paw, if necessary, to allow for the appropriate medical care.
I would take him to the vet as soon as possible. He may need stitches if the toe nail is goine. I hope he is alright. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment