Friday, May 14, 2010

What is an in grown toe nail? Does it really hurt as bad as they say? What does it look/ feel like?

I always hear about this but don't know what it is.What is an in grown toe nail? Does it really hurt as bad as they say? What does it look/ feel like?
LORDY does it hurt!! I have them all the time, and have to spend ( don't try this at home) hours literally just running my fingernail underneath my toenail until it finally comes to the surface so I can cut it. What it does is just grows sideways into your toe, and it's never what it looks like above the nail.. it's always this sharp, fat and pointy toenail that, I swear if it could it would, almost laughs miniacally at you.. Muhahahahaaaaaaa! For me it only hurts when I walk and when I'm trying to get it out from under my skin. When I was pregnant it was really bad, cuz as you know.. you can't really get to your toes so easily. After a few months of just horrible pain, I contorted in odd ways to 'work' out the toenail and had to have my boyfriend cut it for me. He got the clippers out and as he was about to cut it, he looked up at me with confusion in his eyes, and said, '; Did you know that this came from underneath your skin? Like.. it was deeeeep inside of your toe???'; It really grossed him out. It was than that I realized that men are fairly non-observant! lol But anyways.. YES it HURTS. Just imagine your toenail all sweet looking on the outside, but underneath your skin towards your other toes, there is an almost boomerang looking nail that is stabbing you on the inside. Mine is about half the width of my entire toenail. So.. half a toenail inside. If I had you here, I'd draw it for you! lol So there's your gross story of the day! lolWhat is an in grown toe nail? Does it really hurt as bad as they say? What does it look/ feel like?
Hi there,





This problem has happened to me plenty of times. Not pleasant at all.





A very common problem people may have. An ingrown toenail occurs when the cornor or side of the toenail grows into the flesh of the toe. The results can cause pain %26amp; swelling. In some cases infection can occur.





Some common causes of ingrown toenail include cutting the nails too short or not straight across, injury to the toenail, and wearing shoes that crowd the toenails.





So... to prevent ingrown toenails, file your toenails properly, straight across the nail. Wear comfortable shoes, that won't squish your feet.





If you do happen to have an ingrown toenail (I hope you don't, I don't wish this on anyone), please go see a Podiatrist, do not try to fix your toenail, it will only get worse.





Hope this helped. Be well!
  • zits
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment