Monday, May 10, 2010

Should my toe look like this after getting surgery for an in-grown toe nail?

Both of my big toes became in-grown. The doctor said he was going to do one foot at a time, so i can still walk. He cut off half of my right foot's big toe's nail. Now it looks REALLY gross. and it doesn't really hurt. I got it done yesterday afternoon. Will it start to hurt later, or is this the works i should expect?Should my toe look like this after getting surgery for an in-grown toe nail?
Hello, to answer your quetion yes it does tend to look really gross. I had a staph infection under my fingernail so my whole thumb nail had to be removed- the flesh under the nail looked so raw and it wrinkled! The doctor however said this was normal. Luckily if it doesn't hurt, that means it's on a way to a smooth recovery. The nail will take about 2-3 months to grow back on your toe because only half of it was removed. It may also appear bruised or purple. Don't worry it's all normal. However if it starts discharging with an odor, then you will need to go see the doctor again. good luck!
  • zits
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment