Friday, January 15, 2010

How do I cure fungus in my toe nail?

It gets under my nail, it's hard to cure. I don't want to take pills.How do I cure fungus in my toe nail?
This is really wierd but i swear it works! Vicks Vaporub. Use it on the nail and in a few months it's gone. I swear! Read it in one of the medical columns in the news paper, the Dr. swears by it!How do I cure fungus in my toe nail?
Go see a Podiatrist..
Treatment, as mentioned above is difficult. For minimal cases, anti-fungal ointments may work, but for the majority of people, trying these ointments is a disappointing experience. The most recent advances in nail fungus treatment are with medications that are taken orally (Sporanox庐 and Lamisl 庐 are the two most commonly used). These medications get into the substance of newly forming nails, and create a physical barrier that the fungus cannot penetrate. Then with time the diseased nail grows out, and is trimmed off. The medications must be taken for about 3 months to create enough of a physical barrier, and then up to a year must pass before all the diseased nail grows out! These medications are generally safe, but it is necessary to watch for liver problems during treatment, and to monitor what other medications the patient may be taking at the same time.


The medications are not cheap! I recently checked with a local pharmacy and found that a three month course of treatment costs between $600 to $1200!!!
have your nail removed. or u can take a pill
  • nivea cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment