Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What should I do about my dog's toe nail?

My dog got his claw stuck in his collar while scratching his neck and pulled his claw really far out of his foot. I keep his nails pretty short, so this one is so long in comparison. It doesn't seem to hurt him, but I am afraid to cut it. It is about 4 times the length of the others. Will it hurt him to cut it?What should I do about my dog's toe nail?
try filing the nail and if he seems to be in paine of any sort imidiatly take him to the vet becuase it could get infectedWhat should I do about my dog's toe nail?
I thought your question interesting because I have a 2 year old GSD who has twice broken a toenail off even though we cut them regularly. I think she just plays really hard! I would leave the nail for now if it's not bothering him. Let it grow until the time you would normaly trim his nails and then cut it along with the rest. Good luck!
I would take him to the vet to get an x-ray. There may be more going on there than you can see on the surface.
yea it probably would since it was pulled out..just try filing it down?

No comments:

Post a Comment