Saturday, January 23, 2010

Does it hurt when you have to get your toe-nail cut because of an ingrown toe-nail?

I think I have to go to the doctors and get my toe-nail cut because of an ingrown toe-nail, so does it hurt??Does it hurt when you have to get your toe-nail cut because of an ingrown toe-nail?
just a little, the only part that would hurt is the shot. The doctors have to put a shot in your toe so it goes numb, then they spray it with some stuff that super freezes your toe. after that you cant feel a thing. they gut the side of your toe open that is ingrown, then they cut the toe-nail so that it is even with your skin, then they put it back together. for a couple of days you may have to soak your feet in some yellow liquid, then after that you shouldn't have an ingrown toe-nail, so long as you don't pick at it so that it grows back into your toe. hope that helps :)Does it hurt when you have to get your toe-nail cut because of an ingrown toe-nail?
Yes, it does, but it's not unbearable.





I have two ingrown toenails, but what I do is soak my feet in very warm water for about 15 minutes (or right after a hot shower) then very carefully cut them out myself. Perhaps you have a relative that could help you with it.





The hot water soak will soften the nails where they are not nearly so painful to cut out.





Hope that helps!
If your physician decides that it is necessary to remove the entire nail, then he/she will numb the area with a local anesthetic, so that you won't feel the excision. The only pain that you may feel is afterward, like in any other type of surgery, but I'm sure the doctor will give you some pain medication to alleviate your discomfort. After a few days, you probably won't feel anything.
it is very painful but it feels better after it's done than continuing to have the ingrown toenail
A little as they inject locals to numb ,then after as they wear off some more,I had my big toe done.

No comments:

Post a Comment