Thursday, January 21, 2010

Part of my toe nail is disconnected from my toe?

To put it simply, I started tap dancing. Lots of damage to my feet. And now the left side of my toe nail is disconnected from my big toe. What should I do? Pull it off? Will it grow back? Any precautions I should take to make sure it doesn't get infected? I have absolutely NO idea what to do at this point. If it helps, before it got disconnected, the nail was bruised, all green and blue. Egh. PLEASE HELP! THANKS SO MUCH!Part of my toe nail is disconnected from my toe?
The same thing has happened to me through soccer. Dont pull it off. And dont worry it will grow back. Just remember to clip it when it starts to get long, especially around the part that is coming off. The toenail grows from the bottom so the ';oldest'; parts are at the top. If you keep clipping it, eventually it wont be there. Sorry if this doesnt really help but thats what i did. Part of my toe nail is disconnected from my toe?
Tape it down until it grows out, then clip it off.


Use an antibiotic ointment to prevent infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment