Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How Long does a bruise under your toe nail take to heal?

I dont remember banging my toe, but a few weeks ago about four to five, i noticed a bruise on my big toenail, it hasnt gone away. It doesnt hurt and it hasnt gotten bigger. theres a small white spot on the bruise now.My mom said it looks fine and that we shouldn't waste money going to the DRHow Long does a bruise under your toe nail take to heal?
The bruise has probably healed by now, but when you get a bruise under your nail it stains the nail. You will just have to wait for the toe nail to grow out. The small white spot is probably a little damage to the nail.





I had one a couple of years ago on my thumb. It took 5 months to grow out. Toe nails take even longer. Expect it to take a year to grow out.





Until then you may wish to buy some toe nail polish or wear closed toe shoes.How Long does a bruise under your toe nail take to heal?
I've smashed mine a time or three and it can take months to lose the discoloration. Some times the nail will actually fall off, and you will then have to grow a new one. It's not painful, so don't worry about it.


The doctor wouldn't be able to do anything for it, so just be patient, it will heal in time.
It can take up to three full months for a toenail to grow out completely. That's what the white spot is- damage to the nail. It is nothing to see a doctor about, though. You probably bruised your toe by stubbing it, or maybe by wearing tight or uncomfortable shoes that pressed weirdly on your toe.
Depending on how far down, up to 6 months. I sprained half my foot and had a bruise that healed after a year of slowly moving from my joint on my big toe up and thru the nail, until it just grew out.
It usually has to grow out - takes about 6 months or so!





I dropped something on my big toe this summer, and a small bruise formed. It's growing out with the nail now.





Unless you have pain, there's no need to see the doctor.
Dont go to the doctor, unless they see the nail within an hour or so of the injury there is nothing they can do. It is just dried blood under the nail, it wont do you any harm. It depends how bad the trauma was on how long it will take to heal. It will just grow out with the nail so it will probably be discoloured for some time.
This happened to me and my toe was sore for about a week and then it turned purple and blue, then yellowish color and then the whole nail fell off! It regrew in about 7 months. It was bruised for about a few months b4 it fell off. I guess it depends on how bad the bruising is.....if its not bad I doubt longer than a couple months and it probably won't fall off like mine did. No need to go to a doctor if it isn't bothering you.

No comments:

Post a Comment