Saturday, January 23, 2010

How and what should I do with my toe nail!?!?

My toe nail out of no where split in half horizontally. Why and what should I do to make it better? thanksHow and what should I do with my toe nail!?!?
My mother is a nail tech and this is what probably happened at some point you have had some damage to your nail bed you are lacking calcium or trauma to your actual toenail. Clip it as close to the toe without causing yourself any pain and let it grow out . Also as it grows keep it clipped to keep from further damaging your nail bed. Avoid wearing tight shoes as this will contribute to this problemHow and what should I do with my toe nail!?!?
If it split in the quick (where the nail is attached to the skin), put Neosporin (or something similar) on it, cover with a bandage, and contact your doctor. And try to keep it clean - the WORST thing you could do would be to let it get dirty, and then get an infection under what remains.





If it split at the top of the toenail, where the quick meets the dead nail (it wouldn't have hurt if this were the case), just file down the sides so it's not snagging on anything.

1 comment:

  1. It is also important for you to avoid the things which encourage the fungus growth. You should avoid keeping your feet enclosed in airless shoes as it creates an ideal moist condition for fungus growth.

    Regards,
    Yellow Nails

    ReplyDelete