Saturday, January 23, 2010

Could toe nail fungus be a symptom of diabetes?

It's not really severe, but I have it on my two big toes and one small one. I've had it since I was 9 and I'm 24 now. I don't have any neuropathy but my left toe just feels cold.Could toe nail fungus be a symptom of diabetes?
It is not a SYMPTOM, but the fact that it won't heal IS.





I had a similar problem 30+ years ago. I had Athlete's foot that wouldn't heal. The cause was Type 2 Diabetes! Once i got the diabetes under control, the Athletes foot went away on its own.





Contact you doctor and have it checked out. ALSO ASK for an A1C test to see if you are diabetic.Could toe nail fungus be a symptom of diabetes?
No, but high blood sugar can exacerbate any type of fungal growth. If the fungus gets down to the nailbed, it can interfere with nerve function and this might account for the cold feeling. Make a preparation of olive oil and tea tree oil. Wash and dry toes. Spread preparation around the infected area, and cover. Do this every day for a year. It's very effective.
See your doctor. There are medications available to treat fungus that has invaded tissue and can not be cured with home remedies.
Check your blood sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment