Thursday, January 21, 2010

Does anyone know how to cure toe nail fungus?

My siblings have toe fungus and it is in bad condition. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Help me PLEASE!Does anyone know how to cure toe nail fungus?
Hi -- I have recently cured my toe nail fungus. It was to the point that my nails were very thick, yellow and rough. The surface kept peeling off. I went to a doctor and told her that I was concerned about using the oral medication and she agreed that it was very expensive and could have many dangerous side effects. She recommended a home remedy that I tried and then modified slightly. First she said to use a nail file and to file the tops of the infected nails down to make them thin. I filed like crazy with a wide emery board on all my nails. Then the doctor said to soak my toes in a solution of a few drops of bleach diluted by a sink full of water. Do this every other day for a couple of weeks. She advised me to be cautious and aware if there was any sensitivity to my skin and to stop if I didn't like the results. I read a lot online about chlorine bleach and found that the home version that you buy at the grocery store really isn't that powerful. Since I don't have particularly sensitive skin I probably used a little stronger solution that she recommended. After about a week of doing her program I noticed a huge difference in the appearance of my nails. But since I wanted this stubborn fungus gone for good I wasn't about to stop then. What I really wanted though was a more convenient way of ';wearing'; the bleach so that it could do it's job over a longer period of time.





I had read that many people would just brush or rub bleach on their toes and that they had success but I found that it evaporated too quickly. It seems like it needs to be able to soak in through the nail to kill the fungus. THEN I struck gold. I read about using the Chlorox bleach pen on nail fungus. This is the saving grace. It is so convenient and effective. I just use the brushy, scrubby end and kind of work it in under the front of the nail and all around the top and edges. I walk a little carefully until it dries and then just leave it on. It doesn't cause any sensitivity but it does dry to a white chalkiness. No big deal. I am telling you, if I had first discovered the bleach pen option I would have started there. It is totally no hassle and it works. I feel that my fungus is totally gone and my nails are healthy and pink and even shiny. I never thought they would look like this again. Just to be certain I still treat my nails with the bleach pen about once every two weeks and will until I am certain that my nails have entirely grown out. I never want that fungus back again. Do read for yourself about how household bleach is very diluted. I was concerned that it might cause damage to my system but it is just not strong enough. After all we swim in chlorinated water and even add bleach to our drinking water to sanitize it. So putting it on your toes shouldn't be any trouble at all. GOOD LUCK, I hope this really helps.





LDoes anyone know how to cure toe nail fungus?
The only real way to eliminate nail fungus is to get a prescription from your doctor either for oral medication (pills) that work best or by a nail lacquer that you paint on over a period of time. Either method will work but both are very expensive and not always covered by insurance. There is really no home remedy that works contrary to what folks might tell you.
Maybe suggest that they start to wash their socks.
Fungi cure. It comes in a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment