Saturday, January 23, 2010

How does one take care of an ingrown toe nail without surgery?

I really don't want to go under the knife but my toe is killing me. I've had this for a couple months and it's getting to the point where I can't take it any longer.How does one take care of an ingrown toe nail without surgery?
My dad had an ingrown toe nail and said to cut a 'v' shape in the middle of your toenail and make the 'v' point as far down as possible. The nail heals but does so by pulling in the sides. It takes a bit to heal but if you do not want surgery, have a go. :) It worked for my dad. Keep it clean from infection with peroxide or even warm salt water to clean the area at least once a day.How does one take care of an ingrown toe nail without surgery?
MY SON GETS THEM ALL THE TIME AND HAS NEVER HAD TO HAVE SURGERY I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE THEY NEED TO PUT YOU ON ANITBIOTICS TO GET RID OF THE INFECTION THEN THEY NUMB IT ONE USE SOMETHING TO SNIP IT OFF NO SURGERY YOU GO RIGHT HOME AND ALL IS BETTER
How is it that a rabbit gets an ingrown toenail? I thought you'd get hair balls or fleas, but an ingrown toenail?





Soak it it the hot water before you attack it with tweezers.


Have ice packs ready to abate the pain.
get it yourself...hope you can stand the pain- hurts like heck when you have to dig something out yourself
you're gonna have to bite the bullett %26amp; see a podiatrist %26amp; get that professional opinion %26amp; do whatever is told to you man don't go messing with your feet
soak feet in warm water and betadyne . clip straight across the tip of each nail every week. I found ambesol ( stuff for toothaches) on a q tip lessens the pain a bit ,and wear socks to bed.hand cream on entire foot.
You do know that if you would have clipped it yourself right when you noticed it you would not be were you are today. But hey I don't want to sound like a mommy bunny. Any tooth pain reliever does work and you will have to bite that bullet my bunny and and clip that piece of nail out. It hurt like heck when I did it but I did it and it took several tries. But the relief after is well worth it. I clipped the edge of the nail and than grabbed it and pulled that puppy out. Good Luck. Love, honey
Amputation
I pull that bad boy out with tweezers. Seriously. =)
If it is growing into the sides then you can cut a v-shape right in the middle of the nail. The nail grows toward the cut part away from the sides. Make sure to keep an eye out for infection and use something to keep it clean and sterile. I've used hydrogen peroxide.
You may be to the point that you need a Doctor. Try to trim the toe nail (on an angle) and pull the extra piece out. It's going to be painful and bleed a bit. Then use plenty of peroxide. Good Luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment